Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Running for my life

I think we forget how good we really have it here in the USA. I would have never thought at the age of 6 to be taken from my family, to have to learn how to survive and to have to run for my life. I his autobiography Running for my Life Lopez Lomong tell the story of his life growing up in South Sudan. At the little age of six years old Lopez was taken from his family while they attend a church service. He was ripped from the loving arms of his mother by men that wanted to train young kids to fight in the Civil war that was going on in his country. Lopez made a decision one night that put him on the path to the live that he now leads. When you read this book you will not be able to put it down. Lopez survived because of his belief in God. God help him just like He helps us all. God has a plan for us and Lopez understood this and knew that if he would put his trust in God even when is was in the depths of hell he know that God would extended his loving hand and pull him out. That is just want God did for Lopez. If you know about Lopez you know that he went on to Olympics and not only that had the great honor to carry the country flag in the open ceremonies. What an honor for a boy that once was last and now if found. This review is my alone; I was given a free copy by the Thomas Nelson group in exchange for this honest review.

No comments: