Thursday, May 10, 2012

December 1941

I must say this book took me longer to read and get through. December 1941 by Craig Shirley take you through each day of december and give you an account of the days events. Days before the tragic events at Pearl Harbor the country was at peace. Thanksgiving had just ended a couple weeks back, the Christmas season was upon them and they thought all was well in the USA. They know and understood that the World was not at peace. Little did they know that Japan had already set sail for Hawaii and 7 days into the last month of the year the USA would change and change for good. This book is well written, Yes it is a little long but thinking back on it I not sure how you could not have put the information in there that Mr. Shirley did. As a advit fan of the WWII era, this book is a must have and one that I recommend to those that love to study WWII history. I thank Thomas Nelson for my free copy and in return I was asked only to give my honest review of this book.

No comments: