Thursday, May 23, 2013

7 Men by Eric Metaxas

Manhood and Heroism are not terms that are used into day’s world as much as was back 50 years or so. The men of WWII gave home where men and hero’s. We look at them even today and they command that type of respect without even asking for it. But it sad today to see men portray as “dumb, stupid or careless” Do get me wrong I have seen many that are all three. But no all men are that way but that is how Hollywood and the media wants to portray us. But thanks to Eric Metaxas new book 7 Men and the Secret of Their Greatness. I feel he give men hope again.
Eric takes 7 great men and gives you a short bio of their life. He said in the book that he could have picked more and could have picked 7 other but when with these because of their success. Each bio talks about how these men became great and what made them great. Jackie Robinson taking on the role to be the first black man to play Major league baseball is was not easy for him and he knew it going into, but because of his greatness many of the same race now play baseball and Jackie is honored in every MLB baseball park with his number 42 retired.

George Washington was slated to be become King George I of America. But turned it down and later took the role as the first president of this country. Role he didn’t want but took because he knew he had too.



I could go on, but I suggest you read this book. I highly recommend this book to men and women.

Thanks to Thomas Nelson for my free advanced copy of this book. This review was give for and exchange for the free book and my thoughts on this book are mine and mine alone.

No comments: