Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I have always seen Rich Warren book The Purpose Driven Life at the book store. I never pick it up to see what it was all about. But when Booksneeze offered Rick update and revised edition I jumped at the offer. And I glad I did. Rick stated in at the first of the book “this is more then a book it is a guide to a 40-day spiritual. He also asked not to just read the book through like a novel but to read each day (chapter) and ponder on what you have read. That is just want I did. I took my time with this book and I would like to share a couple of day’s(chapter) that I really enjoyed reading. Day 11 “Becoming Best Friends whit God” He started the day with “God want to be your best friend.” I mean he could have very well end the day right there. God want to become my friend? How true that is. Best friend share everything together and help each other and there is not anger between the two. So it makes perfect sense that God would want to become my friend. Day 23 “How We Grow” Again he starts the day of with a simple statement “ God want you to grow up” God want us to mature and be more like Christ. Grow each day and make ourselves better in Christ. Take his name upon us and act and do has He would. This book is really good and I highly recommend that you read it and to what Rick tells you to read a chapter a day and ponder over it. It will change your life and it will bring you closer to God. Thank you Thomas Nelson for my advance copy of this book, and in exchange for the free copy I have written a review of my own accord.

No comments: