Monday, September 12, 2011

Bonhoeffer


There is nothing I like more the a good biography but when you add history, heroism and good Christian values to the same good there is nothing better. That is what Eric Metaxas has done with his book Bonhoeffer.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer is not a common house hold name not one that too many people will say they know a lot about him. He is not someone that you are going to learn about in any history textbooks (I didn’t anyway). In fact when I was given the chance to review this book by the Thomas Nelson Company (my review here is my one and I give an honesty feedback on the book in exchange for a free copy. Sorry legal people make me say this) I didn’t have a clue who Dietrich Bonhoeffer was, but after reading this book I have the up most respect for him.
This book his one that is hard to put down, it is one that you will find time to read. I learned some much about Germany post WWII and some about it during WWII. I learned that is spite of all the hell Hitler but the people of Germany in namely the Jews. There was a great man that had no fear to stand up to Hitler and help bring him down. Bonhoeffer is that great man and this book with teach you all about him. I must say if you are thinking about buying a good book this is the one to get. It will not leave you disappoint but will give you a great respect for a man that knew God and loved Him.
Thank you Thomas Nelson for my free copy of this great book.

No comments: