Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Band Played on


I find it fitting that today is April 14, 2011 and exactly 99 years ago today the Titanic was hit by and iceberg. This is also the day that I submit my review for the book The Band Played On by Steve Turner and published by Thomas Nelson (who gave me a free copy of the book in exchange for a honest review).
I remember seeing the movie the Titanic when it came out in the later part of the 1990’s I remember think about the part when the band stayed on the ship and played the hymn Nearer my God to Thee. It is a beautiful hymn and one that I enjoy very much. But I thought all of that was just Hollywood making a movie dramatic and good. I never thought that they truly happened that that there was such a great story behind each of those band members.
This book is well written and very well reached. I enjoyed reading this book. I did however feel it a little slow getting into but that last part of the book it very well done. If you are a history buff like me then you should really pick up this book. You will enjoy it very much.

No comments: