Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Heart Mender



I sometime wonder why we have so many self-help books that talk about day to day things like self esteem, attitude etc. But why do you never see one that talk mainly about the power of forgiveness. Andy Andrews give you that type of book in his new book (or should I say a re release) The Heart Mender. The book was formally known as the Island of Saints.
The Heart mender is a very touching story one that makes you stop and think about what you would do, how would react to something like this? The story is set in the 1940’s during WWII. German U-boat where in the gulf of Mexico, the government knew about this and said nothing (Seem like nothing has changed).
The story start with Andy finding a buried vegetable can in is yard and when he opens the can he finds a few buttons, a ring and a couple of picture with one of them having Hitler in it. Andy goes on to find out how this would have gotten here and why it was buried in is yard. But what he truly finds is a story that needs to be told, a story of how we are to forgive. This is one of those books that you will read over and over again and well learn something new every time you read it.
The book can into my life at just the right time. I really like this book, I am touched by it story, how it came to be a story. But what I am most touch by is how one can forgive when life has deal them a pretty bad hand.
Andy Andrews has a way of making you feel good after you read his books. I was turned on the Thomas Nelson Blogger book review due to one of Andy’s books title The Noticer. I have read all of Andy’s books since then. This is a book that would do you know good to borrow from the library or a friend. This book is a must to have in your home.
Thanks you to Thomas Nelson Book Review Program for this advance copy of The Heart Mender.

I would love to share this book with you. Thomas Nelson gave me a extra copy of this book the first one to stop by I will give it them.

No comments: